b&W

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Chore Sticks


My kids and I needed a way to keep track of their chores.  This is a simple solution.  

1- Print out a list of the chores on colored papers.  Make sure you leave space in between the lines because  
     the finished sticks are 3/4 inch wide.
2- Spray paint Jumbo Craft Sticks (found at any craft store).
3- Cut the papers so they are slightly smaller than the sticks.  You can do this with scissors or I used a 
    paper cuter to cut the chores into strips.  Then I only had to use scissors to cut the round edges.  If you 
    are careful you can stack the papers and cut four rounded edges at once.
4- Use Mod Podge to glue one chore to each stick.  When dry seal the top of the paper with Mod Podge.

I found some 1/2 cups made for locker organization that have magnets on the flat side.  Each week, I put the kids chores in their cups.  They actually ask me when I will give them new chore sticks.  We will see how long that lasts!

No comments:

Post a Comment