b&W

Monday, March 14, 2011

Jack and Jill Bathroom

How do you decorate a bathroom for a girl and a boy?  Split it half!

Paint the walls a gender neutral color.  I choose a pale green.  Be careful not to go too bold in a bathroom because the color will affect your own coloring when you look in the mirror.


I painted "grass" on the bottom of the walls to go with the flower/transportation theme.  I mixed a little acrylic craft paint into latex base paint with no pigment.  I started with a light color then layered a medium and a darker color over to give it a little depth.


I made a flower hair clip holder for above the toilet paper holder using an old frame and some ribbon. 

The street is a strip of black vinyl with small strips of white vinyl on top. 
I got these street signs 2/ $1.00 in the dollar section at Target.

The paint for the shelf and flower board are the same color as the wall only darker.

No comments:

Post a Comment